In the previous article SharePoint 2016: Forms Based Authentication – Part 2 of this series on implementing FBA with SharePoint we saw the execution of Steps 3 & 4 for the process.
In this article we are going to see the execution of Step 5 and for the sake of quick review I am putting up the process diagram again in here.
Step 5: Configure Authentication Provider
In this step we will associate the Membership Provider with the Web Application that we want to enable with Form Based Authentication
- Go to Central Administration
- Click on Manage Web Application
- Select the Web Application
- Click on “Authentication Providers” link in the ribbon bar
- Click on the Zone “Default”
On the Authentication Provider Screen
- Check “Enable Forms Based Authentication (FBA)”
- Specify the Membership Provider Name “SPMembership” that we configured previously
- Specify the Role Manager Name “SPRoles” that we configured previously
Under “Sign In” Page Section you can choose to configure a Custom Sign Page if you need or you can proceed with Default Sign Page provided by SharePoint OOB.
In this case I am going along with Default Sign Page offered by SharePoint OOB.
That is it for this part of the demo.
I will see you guys in the next article covering Steps 6 & 7 as follows-
Hope you find it helpful.